Foreign tuition fees - qualify for a credit Posted on Mar 08, 2020

Postsecondary studies outside Canada DO qualify for the tuition tax credit. Under the Income Tax Act, students can claim the tuition tax credit for postsecondary studies abroad if they are “in full-time attendance at a university outside Canada in a course leading to a degree AND a course of at least three consecutive weeks duration. 

Foreign university would need to sign form TL11A certificate for the taxpayer. The tuition tax credit can be used by a student, carried forward to a future year or transferred to a parent/grandparent.

More info here: